How to Convert OLM to MBOX
Converting OLM files to “eml” or “mbox”, Contacts to “vcf” and Calendar Events to “ics” files
1) Select OLM files as source to convert content from as described in Selecting OLM files to convert.
2) All Mail, Contacts and Calendar folders are selected by default. If you want to exclude any of
“Mails”, “Contacts” or “Calendar” from conversion then uncheck the corresponding checkbox. You can
further customize your selection by working with various conversion options as described
in Working with Conversion Options. Now click on Action dropdown and choose “Convert To” and
select the target format from target dropdown as shown in following figure Fig. 1
3) In this example we want to convert all of “Mails”, “Contacts” and “Calendar” so all corresponding
checkboxes are checked. If you want to import contacts to Apple Address Book (OSX 10.4 or later)
then check “Merge Contacts In One File” checkbox. It will give you a single “vcf” file with all contacts
in it. Similarly check “Merge Calendar Events in One File” for Apple iCal (OSX 10.4 or later) as shown
in Fig. 2. Other software applications may also support import from a single vcf file with multiple
contacts or single ics file with multiple calendar events.
Now choose desired target format from any of “*.mbox, *.vcf, *.ics” and “*.eml, *.vcf,
*.ics” from target format combobox.
4) Click on “Convert” button. A folder selection dialog will appear where you can either choose any
already existing folder or create a new folder.
5) “Conversion Progress” screen will slide into the view which displays details of current item
being processed as well as overall progress as described in Conversion Progress
6) Once conversion is complete you will see conversion completion report. A detailed conversion
report is also saved in output folder with name “OLM Conversion Report ##.txt”
where ## represents the date and time when conversion started. The converted folder contains the
same folder hierarchy as present in the Outlook OLM File you selected as source.
Mail folders contain “*.mbox” (or “*.eml”) files whereas contact folder contains “*.vcf” files.
Calendar folder contains “*.ics” files along with all event details converted to “*.mbox” (or “*.eml”)
as shown in following figure.